The mission of the Delray Beach Firefighters and Paramedics Benevolent Fund is to assist local firefighters and their families, and to support local residents, schools, visitors, and other non-profit organizations. We are an approved 501c3 non-profit organization with the IRS and all work for the organization is done on a volunteer basis. The organization is funded solely through donations from individuals and corporations and through membership dues from employees of Delray Beach Fire Rescue.
Some examples of the assistance we provide annually include:
- Four $500 scholarships awarded annually for post-secondary education
- Sponsor of the Delray Beach Miracle League
- Sponsor of the Delray Beach Little League
- Sponsor of the Delray Beach Easter egg hunt
- Sponsor of the Caring Kitchen Thanksgiving Food Drive for needy families
- Donations to many other non-profit organizations upon request
We also support activities of the Fire-Rescue Department that are not funded by the City of Delray Beach but which enable your firefighters and paramedics to deliver exceptional service and meet the department’s goal of
Preparing for the Worst……Delivering the Best.
Some examples of these activities include the underwriting of costs for educational opportunities and attending job-related seminars, purchasing supplies for stations, and participation at the Clin-Con EMS and Firefighter Combat Challenge competitions.
The firefighters of Delray Beach appreciate your interest and generosity in helping our organization serve the community. If you need additional information, please contact us at your convenience.